- Seek and co-write applications for summer opportunities
- Finding unique and consistent volunteer opportunities and competitive/research that fit their interests
- Optimized list of target schools that fit candidate’s preferences and profile.
- Plot narratives and explore essay topic options through 1:1 writing brainstorm discussion (current paths: urban planning, the economics of urban design and political power, etc)
Mentorship 1:1 sessions (Bi-Monthly, via call or videochat)) between Nan/Lucy) for mentorship—discussions to make the future more concrete in her imagination
- Nan will ask leading questions that mimic prompts for school essays that require self-reflection (e.g. What does success mean to you? What do you bring to the communities you belong to? What matters to you the most and why?)
- All conversations between Nan and each client is confidential.
Coach-Parent conference (Bi-Monthly, via call or videochat) to
- A staff member will answer parent questions or review Candidate’s progress as a writer, thinker, and student during regular check-ups
- We ask that parents especially be candid with us about the client’s stress and anxiety levels. It is important to us that each of our clients enjoys a supportive and encouraging home environment that sustains mental health and self-confidence during a critical and difficult time in a high schooler’s life.
Application Essay Work
- Writing Goal: Nan will lead the co-writing process to produce 3-4 strong essays that can be modified to fit any school topic
- Will be responsible in helping tailor/modify essays for each school
- Up to 10 school applications—modifications and new essays will be covered for each
- Complete, 24/7 emotional and logistical support for the entire admissions process for both parents and the candidate
- Nan will be serving as the project manager for writing process, early or regular decision acceptance
- Each essay will be review by Nan/Sarah and at least 2 professional writers (colleagues and classmates who are journalists, authors, and editors)
- Candidate must agree to finish 90% of regular application essays BEFORE the deferral decision (mid-December).
Regular Application Inclusions
- 3-4 sessions of Essay Development Conversations with candidate (video chat)
- 3-5 rounds of revisions and editing (by email and video chat)
- Complete, 24/7 support for the entire admissions process for both parents and the candidate over winter break
- Nan will help candidates assemble a compelling deferral package, including recommendation letter, personal statement, and mid-year report
- Nan will be serving as the project managers for writing process for candidate’s early decision and regular decision acceptance processes, serving as both advisors and as supportive friends